WHO ARE YOU?
Hi! I’m Georgia, one of The Network’s Project Officers. I’m a practicing artist, poet, writer and TEDx speaker, with a love of nature!
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN AT THE NETWORK?
I’m new! I started in February 2022!
WHY DID I JOIN THE NETWORK?
I wanted to be part of the team at The Network because I understand how important the work they do is! The one-to-one person-centered support that they offer is so important for young people who might be feeling lost or unsupported without the structure of a workplace or education.
WHAT DOES YOUR JOB ENTAIL?
My role involves working one-to-one with people, either remotely or in person, to collaboratively figure out the steps they could take to help them get where they want to be.
IF I WAS HOSTING A DINNER PARTY WHICH 5 PEOPLE WOULD I INVITE?
- Sarah Kay – My favourite poet! Her TED talk ‘If I Should Have A Daughter’ was my introduction to spoken word poetry, her performances give me goosebumps!
- Simon Amstell – Definitely my favourite comedian, his book ‘Help’ is the perfect mix of wholesome and funny, and hits me in every emotion.
- Timothy Morton – A fantastic non-binary ecological philosopher who I discovered at uni. They are the writer of one of my favourite non-fiction books ‘Hypeobjects: philosophy and ecology after the end of the world’, which has inspired a lot of my own writing and artwork.
- Max Porter – Aside from being one my favourite writers (the author of Grief Is The Thing With Feathers), Porter is one of the most wholesome humans ever – seriously, give any of his interviews a watch, they are food for your soul.
- Camille Barbagalo – Feminist activist, researcher and environmentalist, I had the pleasure of meeting Barbagalo at The World Transformed in 2021 and would love the opportunity to pick her brains on her research!