WHO ARE YOU?
Hello! My name is Rachael, I’m the Project Officer. I’m the one that wears Dr Marten Boots and lots of layers! I am a mother of two young girls and 2 rescued cats – they all keep me very busy!
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN AT THE NETWORK?
I’m quite new to the Network – my background is in medicine – but I joined the Network in Aril 2021.
WHY DID I JOIN THE NETWORK?
I wanted a change in direction and a new challenge- but I also wanted to work in a role that continued to allow me to help people as that is my motivation in life, my ethos.
WHAT DOES YOUR JOB ENTAIL?
I work on the delivery side which means I engage with the clients to help them remove barriers that may be preventing them from gaining a job/career. I also help find training, volunteer roles or apprenticeships for those that suit this route more. Our work is client led and person centred which makes every day different and interesting as I get to engage with lots of young people on a one-to-one basis.
IF I WAS HOSTING A DINNER PARTy WHICH 5 PEOPLE WOULD I INVITE?
- Stephen Fry – i love his humour and intelligence – he would have many topics of conversation at his fingertips!
- Lionel Richie – a fan of his music and think he could provide some lovely songsinbetween courses!
- Simon King – wildlife photographer – would love to hear of his experiences filmimg big animals in the wild and see some of his work
- Noel Fielding – comedian – he makes me laugh with his off the wall humour – it wouldn’t be a dull dinner!
- Dame Judi Dench- absolute legend and wonderful lady – would love to hear some inside hollywood gossip!